How to avoid JServer footprint with 8i EE?

From: Finn Ellebaek Nielsen <fen_at_changegroup.dk>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 19:08:27 +0100

Hi.

My machine doesn't have enouth RAM to run with JServer and I want to avoid the JServer footprint. Setting java_pool_size to 0 in the init.ora file (along with other things in init.ora and listener.ora) doesn't work if the kernel is linked with JServer. Using Oracle Installer there's no option for JServer to deselect during custom installation and trying to remove the JServer option the installation program removes 8i as well! How do I avoid JServer?

Thanks.

Finn Received on Sun Oct 24 1999 - 13:08:27 CDT