Re: A straight question, I need a straight Answer ?

From: Michael D. Long <lead_dog_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 12:55:35 -0400

Oracle on NT is okay for developers, but in my opinion it is not suitable for use in a production environment. Oracle was designed to run on the Unix platform, so stick with a Unix variant. I've had good success with Solaris, but the Oracle support people I've been dealing with give good vibes about the Linux version.

I'm going to be installing Linux and Oracle 8i to replace the development database at home. In the office I will continue to rely on the Solaris install
for pre-production and stress testing. The NT install is fine for developing code against.

Mike