help setting up mobile (laptop ) to desktop

From: Bryan Webb <bww00_at_amdahl.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 10:54:23 -0500

Hi,

    I would like to get some help figuring out what would be needed ( AND COST) to setup a mobile to desktop environment. What is minimally needed to make it work. The mobile would be connected sometimes but not all the time , and not all data would need to be replicated, some data only a one way replication.

    Any feedback in comparison between DB2/SYBASE/INFORMIX / ORACLE or others would be a big help.
 I would like to know what is minamally needed ie, for DB2 can the test be done using the personal developer edition or is DB2 satellite needed? For SYBASE can ANYWHERE be on the laptop and desktop ?

    Any experiences chared would be appreciated.

Thanks
Bryan Received on Sun Oct 24 1999 - 10:54:23 CDT