HELP! recovery problem

From: Jörg Rübensam <joerg.ruebensam_at_ivz.de>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 12:48:30 +0100

Hello.

I had a total disk crash and need to recover our 8.0.4. on Solaris.

I have a full Offline Backup from some days ago including control files and so on plus all archived redo logs.
So I restored the backup but can't manage to apply the logs !

The problem must be, that the restored version is completely consistent and doesn't "know" about the following log sequence numbers. I tried: recover automatic database until time '1999-10-22-14:00:00';
but it says 'Media recovery complete' without any action.

How can I apply the logs ??

Thanks... you're saving my live....

Joerg Received on Sat Oct 23 1999 - 06:48:30 CDT