Re: Javascript in WebDB...heeelllppp!

From: Win Ker <Winker11_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 02:59:33 GMT

Well, that kind of worked (need to take away the ending semi-colon, however),
it did launch a new window and open the URL inside it, but it also changed
the parent frame, painted the frame white and put [object Window] into the
upper left of the frame...so I still have to hit "Back" to get me back to
normal....

I'm calling this JavaScript routine from a object of type URL...should = I
do
it a different way?

Anders Gunnare wrote:

> Take away the " and put '
>
> like
> JavaScript:window.open('http://www.oracle.com');
>
> Best regards
> Anders Gunnare
>
> Win Ker wrote:
> >
> > Can't quite put my finger on this one...
> >
> > All I want to do is put either a File or URL on a page, and when a
user
> > selects is, instead of filling the existing frame, open a new
browser
> > window and display the contents. Looks like I need a little
Javascript
> > to do this. I've tried creating an object, Item Type of URL and =
put
> > this on the line:
> >
> > JavaScript:window.open("http://www.oracle.com");
> >
> > It saves the object, but when I click on it, NOTHING happens.
Hovering
> > the mouse over the object reveals the link as:
> >
> > JavaScript:window.open(%22http://www.oracle.com%22);
> >
> > guess that %22 is the escape sequence for double quotes...anyone
know
> > how to deal with this????? Not a tough question!
> >
> > Thanks VERY MUCH in advance!
>
> =

> "Impossible only means that you haven't found the solution yet"
> =

> Anders Gunnare, Frontec Norr AB,Aurorum 1,S-977 75 Luleå,Sweden
> Phone: +46 (0) 70 37
> 75209
> =

attached mail follows:

Well, that kind of worked (need to take away the ending semi-colon, however), it did launch a new window and open the URL inside it, but it also changed the parent frame, painted the frame white and put [object Window] into the upper left of the frame...so I still have to hit = "Back"
to get me back to normal....

I'm calling this JavaScript routine from a object of type URL...should = I
do it a different way?

Anders Gunnare wrote:

Take away the " and put '

like
JavaScript:window.open('http://www.oracle.com <JavaScript:window.open('http://www.oracle.com> ');

Best regards
Anders Gunnare

Win Ker wrote:

> Can't quite put my finger on this one...
>
> All I want to do is put either a File or URL on a page, and when a
user
> selects is, instead of filling the existing frame, open a new browser =

> window and display the contents. Looks like I need a little
Javascript
> to do this. I've tried creating an object, Item Type of URL and put
> this on the line:
>
> JavaScript:window.open("http://www.oracle.com
<JavaScript:window.open(> ");

> It saves the object, but when I click on it, NOTHING happens.
Hovering
> the mouse over the object reveals the link as:
>
> JavaScript:window.open(%22http://www.oracle.com%22
<JavaScript:window.open(%22http://www.oracle.com%22> );

> guess that %22 is the escape sequence for double quotes...anyone know =

> how to deal with this????? Not a tough question!
>
> Thanks VERY MUCH in advance!

"Impossible only means that you haven't found the solution yet"

Anders Gunnare, Frontec Norr AB,Aurorum 1,S-977 75 Luleå,Sweden
                  Phone: +46 (0) 70 37
75209

C:__WINDOWS__TEMP__nsmailHU.gif