Problems with Spatial Index Creation

From: Jayesh Govindarajan <jayesh_at_praja.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 19:22:23 -0700

hi All

while playing around with Oracle Spatial Cartridge i encountered some problems. I was wondering if somone could point me in the right direction.

Here is what I have created -

2 Tables - named poly and SDO_GEOM_METADATA

SQL> describe poly

 Name                                                  Null?    Type
 ----------------------------------------------------- -------- ------------

------------------------
GID VARCHAR2(30)
 GEOMETRY
MDSYS.SDO_GEOMETRY SQL> describe SDO_GEOM_METADATA
 Name                                                  Null?    Type
 ----------------------------------------------------- -------- ------------

------------------------
TABLE_NAME VARCHAR2(30) COLUMN_NAME VARCHAR2(30)
 DIMINFO
MDSYS.SDO_DIM_ARRAY Now, when i try to create an index on the table poly here is the problem i encounter

SQL> CREATE INDEX poly_FIXED ON poly(GEOMETRY) INDEXTYPE IS MDSYS.SPATIAL_INDEX
  2 PARAMETERS('SDO_LEVEL = 4');
 CREATE INDEX poly_FIXED ON poly(GEOMETRY) INDEXTYPE IS MDSYS.SPATIAL_INDEX *
ERROR at line 1:

ORA-29855: error occurred in the execution of ODCIINDEXCREATE routine
ORA-13200: internal error [ROWID:AAAC+NAABAAAFEDAAF] in spatial indexing.
ORA-13206: internal error [] while creating the spatial index
ORA-13192: failed to read number of element rows
ORA-06512: at "MDSYS.SDO_INDEX_METHOD", line 7
ORA-06512: at line 1

ORA-13192 err details in the documentation asks me to contact cust support.

Could someone let me know if i am missing something here ?

THanks

Jayesh Received on Fri Oct 22 1999 - 21:22:23 CDT