Re: create user in solaris

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_netaxis.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 20:17:53 -0400

You didn't say what versions of the products you're using, but the new enterprise manager has its own tnsnames file which you must update in addition to the regular Oracle tnsnames.ora. You would be able to ping and tnsping your servers but not be able to connect through enterprise manager if you didn't update the OEM tnsnames file. I'm currently able to connect one client to databases ranging from 7.2 to 8.1.5 running on NT, Novell and Solaris servers. These connections work both through enterprise manager and directly (svrmgr or SQL*plus) so it can be done.

Van

PS you can also make things work even if you choose not to use a management server or run any intelligent agents.