rollback mechanism is preventing large delete's

From: remco <rdoremal_at_kabelfoon.nl>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 23:31:54 +0200

Does anybody know how to bypass the rollback mechanism of a server?

We have got a database which is slowly getting full. To prevent the database from getting too full every night we perform (from a client session) some "delete queries" to delete all data which is older than 6 months. This clean up process runs every night, however it appears it is not succesfull in deleting the data, because too much is deleted at once and it doesn't fit in the rollback datafile anymore (or the maximum number of rollback segments is reached).
What we would like to do is to switch off the rollback for those delete qeuries, since we know that the data may be deleted. Another possibility is to swithed off the rollback mechanism of the server for always, since we never use the rollback functionallity. But how?

Regards

remco Received on Fri Oct 22 1999 - 16:31:54 CDT