Re: A straight question, I need a straight Answer ?

From: Tim Kelley <tpkelley_at_winkinc.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 14:13:20 -0500

ARMH wrote:

> I am just about to install Oracle 8i to practise and learn about the
> product, basically I work on MS SQL stuff. Many of our customers
> requested some ERP stuff on WEB DB from Oracle. We are all impressed.
>
> I have decided to install Oracle 8i on Linux Platform. Reading
> through this news forum, I find working on Linux Platform for Oracle
> is not a bright idea, seems like Oracle is not that interested to
> support Linux.
>
> Now I need all your kind experienced guys on Oracle. Should I go
> ahead with Linux or better stick to NT.
>
> I don't want to waste my time because of some marketing gimmick.
> If Oracle is dead serious about Linux, then I am all for it.

??? They seem very serious about linux to me ... (http://platforms.oracle.com/linux/)

At any rate, oracle on any unix is better than nt, nt is just a pain in the ass.
the platform oracle will always be most "serious" about is solaris, because that is where the big machines are.

--
Tim Kelley
tpkelley_at_winkinc.com

"If evolution is outlawed only outlaws will evolve" Received on Fri Oct 22 1999 - 14:13:20 CDT