A straight question, I need a straight Answer ?

From: ARMH <durian_at_pop.jaring.my>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 18:13:28 GMT

I am just about to install Oracle 8i to practise and learn about the product, basically I work on MS SQL stuff. Many of our customers requested some ERP stuff on WEB DB from Oracle. We are all impressed.

I have decided to install Oracle 8i on Linux Platform. Reading through this news forum, I find working on Linux Platform for Oracle is not a bright idea, seems like Oracle is not that interested to support Linux.

Now I need all your kind experienced guys on Oracle. Should I go ahead with Linux or better stick to NT.

I don't want to waste my time because of some marketing gimmick. If Oracle is dead serious about Linux, then I am all for it.

thanks and regards,
ARMH Received on Fri Oct 22 1999 - 13:13:28 CDT