Oracle 8i migration

From: Tony Adolph <tony.adolph_at_viaginterkom.de>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 16:02:16 GMT

Hello All,

I have just carried out a manual migration using the MIG tool of an Ora 7.3.4 db to 8.1.5

I have run u0703030.sql and get a bag full of errors. The not so helpful installation guide says that these errors should be checked and if necessary fixed and the script/migration repeated. The only problem is that from the spool file you can't tell what the script was trying to do (it calls many other scripts and none "log" what they are up to)

The sort of errors I am getting are:

ERROR:

ORA-06550: line 1, column 29:
PLS-00553: character set name is not recognized
ORA-06550: line 0, column 0:

PL/SQL: Compilation unit analysis terminated

and

create view DBA_POLICIES (OBJECT_OWNER, OBJECT_NAME, POLICY_NAME,

            *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00955: name is already used by an existing object

The obvious ones about objects not existing and then being created I have ignored, but it still leaves dozens of others like the above.

I also have 4 views that are invalid due to incorrect column names in their definition:

SQLAB_DBA_CONSTRAINTS
SQLAB_TABLES
SQLAB_TAB_COLUMNS
SQLAB_VIEW_DEPENDENCY

Does any one know what "errors" are ok. Are there any patches out to fix these views?

I get an awful lot of errors relating to advanced replication. I haven't explicitly installed this option as I thought it was automatic when installing a "Typical" installation. Do I have to install this separately and then re-run the conversion scripts?

Hints-n-tips much appreciated

Time to go to the bar now, before pulling any more hair out!

Cheers
Tony Adolph

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Oct 22 1999 - 11:02:16 CDT