OPS/OLTP Bad Idea???

From: Chakravarthy KM Nalamotu <kittu_at_uhunix1.its.hawaii.edu>
Date: 22 Oct 1999 15:11:03 GMT

We are currently investigating High Availability (365X7X24) option for an OLTP application.
We heard some emphatic NO's for OPS configuration. The argument was that OPS is a good solution for Data Warehouse solutions but not for OLTP. Since OPS adds a lot of overhead managing locks, and adds extra I/O to the system.
Can someone share their experiences in configuring a Highly Available OLTP system on Oracle DB. Received on Fri Oct 22 1999 - 10:11:03 CDT