Re: Firewall: use_shared_socket

From: Joe Long <joe.long_at_cticallcenter.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 09:00:24 -0500

Good Morning,
It should be of type REG_EXPAND_SZ, and it should be located in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Oracle. Also, if you have more than one Oracle home, I do believe it has to be in each of those sub areas under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Oracle. There is a gentleman named Victor who has experience with multiple Oracle homes who can provide the correct info if I am wrong on that last item. Also, this fix only works for Oracle 8 and later on NT, not 7x versions. Finally, don't need to do anything extra on the client. Hope it helps.

Joe Long