Re: Oracle 8i Advanced Replication

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 07:00:22 GMT

Hmm. Missed the original posting, but I assume they're talking about the normal white papers available off technet.

On the original posters questions, what were the problems with 7.3.3? The
speed in 8i is certainly much faster due to minimized communications, parallel
propagation, internalized triggers etc. I'm not quite sure what was meant by
"Has anyone been using Oracle 8i advanced replication to replicate to distributed databases?" Replication by its very nature implies distributed
databases.

HTH. Pete

Tapan Trivedi wrote:

> Jeff,
> Hi. Could you tell me where you read the white paper ??
>
> Tapan
>
> Jeffery Cann wrote:
> >
> > Hello.
> >
> > We were unable to use the 7.3.3 snapshot replication to replicate to
> > distributed databases over SQL*NET.
> >
> > I have read the 8 page white paper on advanced replication and it
seems
> > they have addressed some of our issues.
> >
> > Has anyone been using Oracle 8i advanced replication to replicate to
> > distributed databases? How is the speed? How is the reliability?
Does