Re: Exception - Exit a Stored Program

From: Ole Christian Meldahl <konocm_at_statoil.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 08:46:58 +0200

NeedaHoliday wrote:

> Tried this and I got the same results.
>
> On Thu, 21 Oct 1999 20:26:34 GMT, George Wilson Mathias
> <george.mathias_at_mci.com> wrote:
>
> >RAISE_APPLICATION_ERROR() might do that.
> >

> >NeedaHoliday wrote:
> >
> >> in this case, it continues to execute. There must be a way to kill
> >> the execution.

I'll restate it: RAISE_APPLICATION_ERROR()/raise WILL do that.

Your problem is probably that some other code calling your procedure has an exception handler, the classical "design flaw" is "WHEN OTHERS" which stops all errors and allows for further processing by calling blocks.

You should read up on exceptions and propagation in the PL/SQL-manual(technet.oracle.com)

ole c Received on Fri Oct 22 1999 - 01:46:58 CDT