Re: How to configure a second listener ?

From: Yass Khogaly <ykhogaly_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 22:23:00 -0700

I hope you find this helpful

MULTIPLE LISTENERS ON A DATABASE

  LISTENER1 =

           (ADDRESS  =   ( PROTOCOL =  TCP ) ( HOST  = dan.us.oracle.com )
                         ( PORT = 1521 ) )

            SID_LIST_LISTENER1  =
                        (SID_DESC  =
                               ( SID_NAME  =  ORCL )
                        )

  LISTENER2 =
           (ADDRESS  =   ( PROTOCOL =  TCP ) ( HOST  = dan.us.oracle.com )
                         ( PORT = 1522 ) )

            SID_LIST_LISTENER2  =
                        (SID_DESC  =
                               ( SID_NAME  =  ORCL )
                        )

  If multiple listeners service a single database, a client will sequentially
  select a listener for its connection requests. This enables the listeners to
  share the burden of incoming connection requests. To allow multiple listeners
  to service a single database and enable the client to select a listener at   random, a different listener address must be configured for the same service
  name in the listener.ora file.

  The listener.ora file above is configured for the two listeners LISTENER1 and
  LISTENER2. The addresses of the two listeners are different in terms of the
  port numbers to which they listen. LISTENER1 listens to the port number 1521,
  and LISTENER2 listens to the port number 1522. However, the SID information for
  both the listeners is the same.

"The Views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of Oracle Corporation"