Re: Creating db with multiple homes

From: John F. Keaveney <johnkeaveney_at_targusinfo.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 11:09:42 -0700

I believe James is correct. One thing to be carefull with is the PATH enviroment on NT. I installed Oracle 8i and the Enterprise manager on my development machine and noticed that the order of the oracle homes in the PATH effects certain applications. I would be extra cautious running different versions!

The behaviour I saw was that then TNS entries under the EM home were getting hit but not the ones under my DB home. This was due to the pathing and apparently
relative pathing oracle does to get to tnsnames.ora

I simply switched the order of the homes in the system PATH to resolve this.

John