How to configure a second listener ?

From: Shi yousong <yousong_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 13:14:36 +1000

Hi ,

I have 2 Oracle8 server running on Solaris 2.7, and want to start a second listener for special purpose, such as replication. My questions are:

  1. Is it a good design for the 2 server using a dedicated NIC to do the replication ?
  2. How to configure the second listener on both server which is bind onto a private IP address ? If the port 1522 should be used for the second listener ?
  3. Any special consideration for the TCP/IP setting on the Solaris OS ?

Thanks in advance.

Sam Received on Thu Oct 21 1999 - 22:14:36 CDT