expected rows in select statement

From: jmseo <jmseo2000_at_netsgo.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 10:32:05 +0900

Hi,

In OCI, how can I get the expected row numbers for a select statement? Usually we know the row numbers after calling several times of ofetch(). But I need to know the expected number after oexec() and before ofetch().

In informix ESQL, there is sqlca field for that (sqlca.sqlerrd[0]).

If oracle doesn't have such a field, what should I do to expect that? In my application, I need to open enough disk volume for the select result before fetching.
If the volume size is too big, it wastes space and if it is too small it has to open
several volumes.

Reply to me please.

Regards,

Jungmin Seo Received on Thu Oct 21 1999 - 20:32:05 CDT