Re: solaris vs nt speed

From: Peter Sylvester <peters_at_mitre.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 09:53:48 -0400

There is some test data comparing NT/Linux/Solaris at:

http://www.kegel.com/nt-linux-benchmarks.html

But, I don't think they used Oracle for any of the tests. The Solaris x86 came out pretty good in one series of tests, but I'm not sure how serious Sun is about the Intel platform; they have very limited hardware and software support. I have heard of some folks using Oracle on x86 successfully, though.

I'm not sure how serious Oracle is about the Linux platform; Our experience indicates that this is really a beta level product at the moment.

Peter