Re: Can Personal Oracle8i be installed on a Win95

From: Dave Waterworth <pscdaw_at_ihug.com.au>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 22:26:24 +1000

But Personal Oracle is not a server, it's primary design is for the workstation market. How many users who want a light weight database use NT or Linux as an operating system? If they don't support personal Oracle on Win95 why bother having personal Oracle at all? Personally I'd prefer NT with Oracle Server on my workstation, and Win98 with Personal Oracle on my laptop (NT + Oracle Server brings even high spec laptops to there knees!).

Kovacs Richard <krichard_at_buga.csoma.elte.hu> wrote in message news:7ujovk$mbp$3_at_goliat.eik.bme.hu...
> HI!
>
> gox <gox_at_tcp.co.uk> wrote:
> |>Personal Oracle8i does not run on Win95. I don't believe
> |>there is any "solution" to this. Oracle just decided not to
> |>support that platform.
> | Absolutely ridiculous isn't it.
> I don't really see your point in this.
> Why is this ridiculous? People usually do not need to use a database
> _server_ on Win95 or even on Win98. They are not th Operating systems for
> server... Well, using WinNT or Unix or Linux or VMS .. yeah. they are
worth
> it.
> But Win95?? Why would anyone install a db server on a machine running
Win95?