Re: Corrupted Datablocks with Oracle under Linux

From: Rainer Lindemaier <rainer_at_imagedev.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 10:55:09 +0200

Hi,

May be we have found a solution for this problem. Disable the asynchronous mode for disk and tape access in the init.ora file. (disk_asynch_io=FALSE, ...).
Since these changes, all systems are working stable without any errors - but this costs performance !

BTW: Informix for Linux does not support the asynchro disk mode

http://www.informix.com/informix/products/linux/lxfaq.html#idsfaq

"Informix Dynamic Server , Linux Edition Suite has a feature set that is specifically geared to the needs of the Linux community, such as the Apache Integration HOWTO, RPM, ESQL/C, ODBC,etc. At this time, asynchronous I/O is not supported in the Linux kernel."

This description was the reason to disable this I/O mode for the oracle engine.

Rainer Lindemaier

Theo van der Kruis <theo_at_incore.xs4all.nl> schrieb in Nachricht x2k8oi9fak.fsf_at_incore.xs4all.nl...///