Re: Oacle 7 Signon Slow

From: Charles Hansis <chansis_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 20:44:28 -0400

You can also mv the $ORACLE_HOME/otrace/admin/*.dat files. This prevents any tracing an any of you instances. Otherwise you would have to make the changes stated below for every instance of the 7.3 db. I noticed a dramatic improvement in sql*net connect times after making the changes that mention above. The .dat files on some of my servers had approached 40M. (Bad SysA and DBA).

Jim