Problem creating sequences - Oracle 8.0.5

From: Hale, Robert (EXCHANGE:CREST:V212) <rhale_at_americasm05.nt.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 17:34:34 -0700

Hi,
  I'm relatively new to Oracle (actually) just started using it again after a substantial absence) an am having trouble creating a sequence.

When I issue the command "create sequence new_sequence", the sequence is created just fine. However, when I attempt to add some more options to the create statement I get the error "ORA-00933: SQL command not properly ended".

For example, issuing the command "create sequence new_seq minval 1 maxval 9999999999 cycle" results in the above error.

Can anyone spot what I'm doing wrong?

--

Rob Hale
Software Designer - Nortel INM NETWORKS mailto:rhale_at_nortelnetworks.com | When in doubt,

(604) 244 - 4255                  | pedal like mad !
        /\_`
      _4\--\_
     //\_\//\\