Re: recovery

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 11:51:16 -0700

Theo

Without the SYSTEM tablespace, you're gone. All the data dictionary information showing what tables are where in the rest of the database and all that sort of thing is gone. Your only option is to restore the SYSTEM tablespace from backup then roll forward to a point in time prior to the crash, if you're running in ARCHIVELOG mode. If you're in NOARCHIVELOG mode, restore everything from the last backup.

Pete