Re: Any better tool than Crystall Report for web reporting....

From: <kumarshiva_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 17:56:29 GMT

Active Reports is the way to go.

It has libraries to export the reports u generate to a PDF or RTF or text file.
It also has a facility by which u can create a ".rdf" file and write a couple of lines of script to allow users to view this as a report using any standard web browser.
Of course, you will need to set up a licensing package file (LPK).

Their support team is also very good.
IF you are in the U.S , u can call their tech support and so far I have received instant replies ...

In article <ruv6e7mf3i590_at_corp.supernews.com>,   "Brent Tucker" <btucker_at_servman.com> wrote:
> Take a look at Active Reports from DataDynamics. It is a great tool
which
> integrates well with VB.
>
> You can see info at www.datadynamics.com
>
> Brent Tucker
> www.servman.com
> hari_somaskanthan_at_my-deja.com wrote in message
> <7snudf$bi9$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>...
> >Hi,
> >
> >We are developing a 3-tier VB & MTS application under NT 4.0. We are
> >started using Crytal report 7.0 to generate WEB(HTML) reports. Looks
> >like Crystall 7.0 does not work well with Oracle 8i stored
procedures.

> >Can anybody suggest us a good alternative tool to Crystal report ?
> >
> >Thanks for your help
> >Hari Somaskanthan
> >

> >Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> >Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Oct 20 1999 - 12:56:29 CDT