What is the basic backup/reco strategy for db>500gb

From: duraisingh <duraisingh_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 12:34:20 -0400

Hellow Gurus:
We have planned to do a backup plan for D/W olap database of size >500gb in Hp 10.20.
I want to know , if any one already had the exposure about this subject.

What is the backup method?,
which tool you are using ?,
What is the duration of the cold bakup?. I know normally datawarehousing databases will be considered for cold backup only. What about exports?
Have you ever taken export ? what is the size of the compressed export for a 500gb DB.
Since our database is hooked up with internet reporting applications. So we can not give a very big downtime for cold backups.

If you gurus can enlighten me in this matter, I will be greatful.

John B Durai Received on Wed Oct 20 1999 - 11:34:20 CDT