Re: Online redo logfiles

From: Frederic DEBRUS <frederic.debrus_at_ces-cdr.be>
Date: 20 Oct 1999 15:58:33 GMT

Redo logs cannot be altered, they can only be created via the CREATE DATABASE and ALTER DATABASE commands or dropped via the ALTER DATABASE command.

The ALTER SYSTEM SWITCH LOGFILE command is used to switch log files.

To change the redolog size you have to drop it and re-create it

  1. check that the system is not using the redo log you are going to drop select * from v$log;
  2. drop the redolog
  3. recreate a bigger one

querix_at_my-deja.com wrote in article <7ukndj$ajn$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>...