Dynamic spool-file

From: Jan Nowitzky <nowitzky_at_informatik.uni-jena.de>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 17:22:58 +0200

Hi,

I want to start sql-scripts n-times during one night and log the results in a separate Logfile.
So that never will be overwritten an old Logfile, I will create time-dependent Logfile-Names.

example: my_script

spool Drive:\Dir\query-xxxxx.log

select * from test:

spool off

How can I fill the xxxxx with the current date (timestamp)? Not manually, because the scipt will startet at 1 am, 3 am ... These scripts should be run with svrmgrl (not sqlplus), because within the svrmgrl the set_timing-capability will be preferred.

Bye, Jan

Jan Nowitzky
Friedrich-Schiller-Universität o Institut für Informatik E-Mail nowitzky_at_informatik.uni-jena.de