Re: Oracle 8.1.5 (Oracle 8i) Minimum RAM Requirement

From: Verna Legaspi <vlegaspi_at_uswest.net.nospam>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 08:21:43 -0700

Hi,

I must have mixed up the requirements for WebDB and 8i. I believe that it was WebDB that had the requirement of either 64 or 96mb RAM, but recommended 128mb.

But, yes -- I've (I think) successfully installed 8i on RedHat 6.0 Linux box with only 64mb RAM. I did have about 600mb swap partition during the install and creation of the database. But I've now cut it down to only about 180mb swap. I don't know if that helped the installation go smoothly or not.

I can startup and shutdown the database. I can connect via svrmgrl or sqlplus or any other tool remotely or locally.

However, I haven't really tried much else on it.