Re: Duplicating an instance

From: Didier LENQUETTE <didier.lenquette_at_steria.fr>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 14:17:15 GMT

Hi !

You can have some pb because two db with the same name are running on you r system

You have to recreate the controlfile:

ALTER DATABASE backup control file to trace;

Shutdown the instance

modify the initSID.ora (dbname = TEST)
take the trace

modify the generated file and set
CREATE CONTROL FILE SET DATABASE "TEST" ...... then run it.

Shutdown and startup your database

You have rename your d !

Regards.