Re: grant resource

From: Michel Cadot <micadot_at_netcourrier.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 14:32:35 +0200

Here an abstract of the Oracle7 Server Administrator's Guide, chapter Managing User Roles:

Predefined Roles
The roles listed in Table 20 - 4 are automatically defined for Oracle databases. These roles are provided for backward compatibility to earlier versions of Oracle.
You can grant and revoke privileges and roles to these predefined roles, much the
way you do with any role you define.

Table 20 - 4. Predefined Roles

 Role Name and Privileges Granted To Role

CONNECT (1)
    ALTER SESSION, CREATE CLUSTER, CREATE DATABASE LINK, CREATE SEQUENCE,     CREATE SESSION, CREATE SYNONYM, CREATE TABLE, CREATE VIEW RESOURCE (1,2)
    CREATE CLUSTER, CREATE PROCEDURE, CREATE SEQUENCE, CREATE TABLE,     CREATE TRIGGER
DBA (1,3,4)
    All system privileges WITH ADMIN OPTION EXP_FULL_DATABASE (5)
    SELECT ANY TABLE, BACKUP ANY TABLE, INSERT, DELETE, AND UPDATE ON THE TABLES     SYS.INCVID, SYS.INCFIL, AND SYS.INCEXP IMP_FULL_DATABASE (5)
    BECOME USER, WRITEDOWN (6) (1) Created by SQL.BSQ.
(2) Grantees of the RESOURCE role also receive the UNLIMITED TABLESPACE system

    privilege as an explicitly grant (not as part of the RESOURCE role). (3) Grantees of the DBA role also receive the UNLIMITED TABLESPACE system privilege

    with the ADMIN OPTION as an explicit grant (not as part of the DBA role).     Therefore when the DBA role is revoked, any explicit grant of UNLIMITED     TABLESPACE is also revoked.
(4) Also includes the EXP_FULL_DATABASE and IMP_FULL_DATABASE roles if

    CATEXP.SQL has been run.
(5) Created by CATEXP.SQL.
(6) A Trusted Oracle7 privilege only;

    see the Trusted Oracle7 Server Administrator's Guide.

--
Have a nice day
Michel