SGA not initialized

From: Dallas Blackett <dallasb_at_iscorvdb.co.za>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 12:27:43 +0200

Can anyone give me some help.
I am running Oracle 8 on Windows NT 4.0 I installed the database and everything looked fine. When I rebooted the machine and try to connect to the instance with SVRMGR I get the following
error messages

ORA-01034: Oracle not available
ORA-09243: smsget: error attaching to SGA
OSD-04101: invalid SGA: SGA not initialized

I can't find any info in the NT eventlog or Oracle trace files. Any help appreciated Received on Wed Oct 20 1999 - 05:27:43 CDT