A good challenge for gurus

From: Reza <reza_at_digital-dispatch.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 11:31:36 +0100

Hi
I am trying replace (CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE BODY ...) in 7.3.4.0 The package is big ( maybe 5000 lines). SQL*plus says "PACKAGE CREATED SUCCESSFULLY" and obviously no errors. The time stamp (Last modified) on the package shows that it has just been modified BUT the code changes is not there (looking into the source code of the package in the server. Please don't tell me that I'm compiling an old code,I have done it three times.
I think it is a problem with memory allocation in SGA (shared pool) to compile the package, but why it does not signal ora- 4031 ?? I am compiling the package when the system is open and busy and lot of users on the system and the package might be used but why no errors Please shed some light
Thanks in advance
regards Received on Wed Oct 20 1999 - 05:31:36 CDT