Problem when creating interMedia Text's index

From: <hz_at_sunjapan.com.cn>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 09:12:31 GMT

When I try to create a interMedia Text index for a BLOB column, I got the following error:
===================== CUT ==========================
create index inso_filter_idx on inso_filter ( docs ) *
ERROR at line 1:

ORA-29855: error occurred in the execution of ODCIINDEXCREATE routine
ORA-20000: ConText error:
DRG-11206: user filter

command /data/app/oracle/product/8.1.5/ctx/bin/ctxhx could not be executed
ORA-06512: at "CTXSYS.DRUE", line 122
ORA-06512: at "CTXSYS.TEXTINDEXMETHODS", line 34
ORA-06512: at line 1

===================== CUT ==========================

My DB server is Oracle 8i, running on RedHat Linux 6.0 The DB instance was build with 'JA16SJISFIXED' charset, and I cannot find the "$ORACLE_HOME/ctx/bin" directory in my system. Does I miss something during install?

and i'm using following sql statement.

Here is the SQL.
===================== CUT ==========================
drop table inso_filter;
create table inso_filter(id number primary key,docs blob);

begin
  Ctx_Ddl.Drop_Preference
    (
      preference_name => 'inso_filter_pref'     );
end;
/
begin
  Ctx_Ddl.Create_Preference
    (

      preference_name => 'INSO_FILTER_PREF',
      object_name     => 'INSO_FILTER'

    );
end;
/

drop index inso_filter_idx;
create index inso_filter_idx on inso_filter ( docs )   indextype is ctxsys.context
  parameters ('FILTER INSO_FILTER_PREF');
Any ideas?

Yours, Jerry Han

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Oct 20 1999 - 04:12:31 CDT