8i (8.1.5) - Add Partitions to previously Non-Partitioned Table containing data ???

From: Christian Roig <cr_at_post.dk>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 08:30:36 GMT

8i (8.1.5) - Add Partitions to previously Non-Partitioned Table containing data ???

Is it possible to use the Alter Table command to add partitions to a table that contains data and was not previously partitioned ???

Or do I have to do a 'Create Table As Select' with Partition creation statements ???

I have looked at the Oracle documentation, but I don't thnk that it is stated very clearly wether or not it is possible to use the Alter Table command to add partitions to a table that contains data and was not previously partitioned.

TIA - Christian Received on Wed Oct 20 1999 - 03:30:36 CDT