Re: Can Personal Oracle8i be installed on a Win95

From: Kovacs Richard <krichard_at_buga.csoma.elte.hu>
Date: 20 Oct 1999 06:54:44 GMT

HI!

gox <gox_at_tcp.co.uk> wrote:
|>Personal Oracle8i does not run on Win95. I don't believe
|>there is any "solution" to this. Oracle just decided not to
|>support that platform.

| Absolutely ridiculous isn't it.
I don't really see your point in this.
Why is this ridiculous? People usually do not need to use a database _server_ on Win95 or even on Win98. They are not th Operating systems for a server... Well, using WinNT or Unix or Linux or VMS .. yeah. they are worth it.
But Win95?? Why would anyone install a db server on a machine running Win95?

Ritschie

|         CelineHTML          |   In contention with CelineHTML:  |
| http://celinehtml.dhs.org | krichard@celinehtml.dhs.org |