Security: only specific app allowed for userid?

From: Toni Häkkänen <toni.hakkanen_at_upm-kymmene.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 05:21:44 GMT

Hello,
Is there a way to restrict (by oracle's means) users login only to a certain application?

We have about 300 users using the _same userid_ for db login, and we would like to keep SQL*Plus ond other "not authorized" apps away from db.

We are using 7.3.4 and Net2.

If you have other better means to handle this kind of problem, please share you knowledge... However, i'm not going to start supporting 300 userids and pwds in oracle.

Cheers,
Toni Häkkänen Received on Wed Oct 20 1999 - 00:21:44 CDT