Re: message in ALRTSID.log

From: <rspeaker_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 14:47:35 GMT

Hopefully I can explain this correctly .... I believe this follows an ORA-1650 error, unable to extend rollback segment. If a rollback segment gets full (ie uses up all it's extents) and is unable to grow, either due to reaching maxextents, or running out of space in the RBS tablespace, the in-process transaction(s) will abort, usually generating a 1650 error. At that point, the pending transaction(s) will be rolled back. When all rollback is complete, you see this error informing you that the rollback segment is now cleared and can be used again. Somebody please correct/update me if I missed something.

HTH,
Roy

In article <7ufbmi$72k$1_at_pegase.production.axime.fr>,   "rchennaa" <rchennaa_at_atos-group.com> wrote:
> In the the alert message of the database (ALRT_SID.ora) il have the
message
> :
> 'FULL status of rollback segment 2 cleard'
>
> Can some one telle me what thas it means ?
>
> Cheere
>
> rchennaa_at_atos-group.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Oct 19 1999 - 09:47:35 CDT