Re: WebDB survey

From: dream man <dreaman90_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 23:40:14 +1000

I've been playing with WebDB these few days and I found it is not a bad idea to use it to build you internal website. Basically, you can just integrated your whole site into the Oracle database, no matter it is a document, a table, an image or whatever. It is quite powerful and easy to use. You may not need any experience to learn to add contents to your website. You can have announcement, news(which will be expired and purged from your web site after the days you specified) and regular(permanent) items on your web site.

However, there may be some trade-offs. Maybe I haven't digged it out deep enough.
1) There is only one style in the Webdb which contains navigation bar, banner bar and content area;
2) You may not be able to delete some contents from the site builder menu; 3) I haven't found out how to implement the SSL

Anyway, in a word, it is not bad. I am still working on it to discover more in it. You may download the Webdb (the latest version is 2.1) from following site for free with development license: http://technet.oracle.com

Good luck and have fun!