Re: Unable to start the Application Server Service

From: wigor <wigor_at_uni-paderborn.de>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 14:06:36 +0200

Hey Guys,

recently I had a discussion about this problem with a Oracle consultant. He suggested me to install the NT Service Pack 5 with the OAS 4.0.8 (newest!!). The old version (4.0.7) does not function very fine with the Service Pack 4 (-->not certified by ORACLE). He had made good results with NT and the ServicePack 3.

For your Servlet-problem: Check the http-port 80, if it is listening !? At my oas-server the http-listener on port 80 didn't work, I added only a new http-listener on 81 and all my applications worked.

At First I had the same problem (ORB does not respond, and the starting procedure stopped).

MY QUESTION: DOES ANYONE HAVE EXPERIENCES WITH DEVELOPING Enterprise JavaBeans and deploying it into the OAS ????

Christian Wagner
wigor_at_uni-paderborn.de