Re: Need help debugging ORA-00060: DEADLOCK

From: <karsten_schmidt8891_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 11:00:18 GMT

Hi,

 is there any other object that might have been accessed before calling the procedure ?

 checking the V$ views could give you a clue, which object is causing you trouble. - maybe it is not the table you are looking at, but some other object that got locked.

 if it is feasible, add commits before and after your critical section.  if the deadlock goes away, you are not looking at the right piece of code.

Karsten

In article <7ugk20$f9u$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   rgutterman_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> I'm having a problem with an Oracle 8i deadlock condition.
> I have two processes executing the same SQL code - so they should be
> updating tables in the same order. They also should not need to
access
> the same rows. But I get the error ORA-00060: deadlock detected while
> waiting for resource. Anything other than locking tables in a
> different order which could cause this problem? Any suggestions how I
> can pin it down?
> TIA
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Oct 19 1999 - 06:00:18 CDT