Forms 4.5 Questions

From: Scott Haas <haas_at_scpa.sri.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 17:09:49 -0400

2 questions regarding actions in Forms 4.5 (on OpenVMS 7.1)

  1. Is there anyway to change the Count that appears in the lower left corner of the console window. Our main table is not a base table and therefore the Count is always 0. The books suggest that these fields are not changeable, but I was wondering if anyone had a workaround.
  2. Whenever I try to query to a large table and write a message to the console (ie. life sign), the message always is displayed after the query has returned all of the rows. If I executed the message line first, then the execute_query, you would think that the message would be displayed (ie. message like 'Working ..'). But that's not the way it works on this VMS platform. Any ideas. Again the reason for this question is related to a non-base table.

TIA,
Scott