Re: snmpd for o intelligent agent

From: Hoylman <bwh_at_indra.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 21:17:56 -0600

No, you do not need snmp installed to run the Intelligent Agent. You do if you want to monitor the database resources with an snmp monitoring tool, but for the agent, it should start from within the Oracle install and begin discovering services, providing you have your tnsnames.ora and listener.ora files setup correctly. As user 'oracle', or whomever owns the instance:

% lsnrctl dbsnmp_start

You can then use OEM to monitor the instance and all the SIDS, listeners, etc. associated with it.

Peace.