Re: O8i OEM logins

From: Marty Grinstead <MGrinstead_at_email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 21:24:37 -0400

Vickie,

There is a script that you can use to reset the SYSMAN password to oem_temp (search for ResetSysman.sql). As soon as you log into the Management Server, you are asked to change the password. This new password is stored in the repository. Connecting to the database with the other tools don't really have anything to do with logging into the repository as the OEM administrator. Those tools don't use the repository or the preferred credentials (that's why you are asked to log into the database when launching the tools from outside the OEM console).

If you reset the password (and then remember what you change it to), you will be ready to rock. You mentioned that you created another administrator, did you really, or just change the password for SYSMAN?

Good Luck,
Marty