Install Problem

From: <yangxiaode_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 21:10:33 GMT

Hi, friends

I download the Oracle8.05 version for Linux from Oracle web site and installed on Linux OS. I chose "Install new product-create DB object" when I installed, but finally I ran up following problem:

Error during action 'Running startstar.sql'. /OraLin/bin/svrmgrl <<!
@/OraLin/admin/star/create/startstar.sql exit

could you give me some advices how to figure out the problem? And during installing, I ran up following message:

The environment variable ULIMIT is not set. The

       installation will continue with the assumption that the
       ULIMIT of this account, or on this machine is at least
       2113674.  If it is not, then you should increase the
       ULIMIT of your system, or use the osh program supplied
       by Oracle.

I just skipped this message and selected all the components to be installed. I don't understand what's the real meaning of ULIMIT in this situation.

Thanks

Henry

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Oct 18 1999 - 16:10:33 CDT