Re: Export question - urgent!!

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 18:52:17 GMT

On Mon, 18 Oct 1999 12:47:55 -0700, "wozi" <wozi_at_dhc.net> wrote:

>I am running oracle8 on NT on one machine
>I am also running oracle7 on NT on another machine.
>
>I want to export from Oracle8 and take the dump file and
>import some of the users into Oracle 7. Problem is that the import utility
>in
>Oracle 7 cannot read the dump file from Oracle 8.
>
>I try running the catexp7.sql in Oracle 8 before doing the export, but that
>still could not resolve it.
>
>I need help from anyone. thanks!!
>please, copy tyc77_at_hotmail.com

You need to run exp73 against that Oracle 8 database, ie you need to create a Oracle 7 export from your Oracle 8 database. The only thing you need to is make sure the Oracle 8 tnsnames entry (servicename = address = (protocol=(tcp)(host=) (port=) is merged into the Oracle 7 tnsnames.ora. It should work like a breeze then.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Mon Oct 18 1999 - 13:52:17 CDT