Re: Permissions problem using DBMS_SQL Package

From: <scjonson_at_fyiowa.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 18:02:07 GMT

When executing database packages the schema in which the package resides needs explicit grants to all objects being referenced in the package. The premissions can't come through roles.

Hope this helps.

Steve

In article <7udik3$fca$1_at_uranium.btinternet.com>,   "bevets" <bevets_at_mylaptop.com> wrote:
> Can anyone help please???
>
> I've compiled my own package procedure CREATE_COPY_TABLE containing a
call
> to DBMS_SQL.PARSE. The statement being parsed is CREATE TABLE fred AS
> SELECT * FROM joe - i.e. making a copy of table joe.
> I've then written a second, anonymous block which calls my procedure,
and
> run it from the same userid that created the procedure, but when I
run it I
> get:
>
> ORA-01031: insufficient privileges
>
> Everything is using the same userID and I can execute the exact same
'ceate
> table' statement directly from SQL*Plus without problems, so why
doesn't it
> work as part of the procedure?
> Can anyone explain this mystery to me please and how I can solve it?
> Thanks.
> (PS. It's Personal Oracle 8.0.4 on Windows 98. The user ID has
Connect,
> Resource and DBA privileges.)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Oct 18 1999 - 13:02:07 CDT