Re: TKPROF usage

From: Ed Stevens <Ed.Stevens_at_nmm.nissan-usa.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 13:57:26 GMT

Actually, just a few minutes after posting my question, I thought to give that format a try and, of course, it worked. Odd that the docs never mentioned the need to use the connect string, either in explanation of the parm or in the examples. In fact, the examples specifically did NOT include the connect string ... and this in a usage where it would appear that the connect string is, in fact, a required part of the syntax!

In article <7u84a0$5do$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   michael_bialik_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Try using :
>
> TKPROF80 ... <user_id>/<password>@<service_name>
>
> E.G. scott/tiger_at_orcl
>
> HTH. Michael.
>
> In article <7u7voa$1u0$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> Ed Stevens <Ed.Stevens_at_nmm.nissan-usa.com> wrote:
> > Subject: TKPROF usage
> >
> > I have a question/problem in using TKPROF, which I have just begun
> > explore. Turning on the statistics and genning a trace file is
> working
> > fine. However, when I run TKPROF80 with the EXPLAIN option, the
> > resulting report shows an 0RA-12203: Unable to connect. After
> looking
> > everything over, I can’t find any mechanism whereby TKPROF can know
> > which database it is supposed to connect to in order to perform the
> > EXPLAIN PLAN. The connect string doesn’t appear in the .TRC file
and
> > don’t see any TKPROF command line parameters to supply it – though
> > there is the parameter to supply the userid/password.
> >
> > This is on an NT desktop client going against an O8.0.5 database on
an
> > NT server.
> >
> > What simple thing am I missing?
> >
> > TIA,
> >
> > Ed Stevens
> >
> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.
> >

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Oct 18 1999 - 08:57:26 CDT