Re: Instance Problem !!

From: Frank van Bortel <f.van.bortel_at_vnl.nl>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 15:12:47 -0700

Michele Viviani wrote:

> >Hello All
> > I have a situation like this: I have two databases, one with instance
> >name A and second with instance name B. I have already created an
> >ORACLE_SID in the registry with value of A. Now since I have created
> >another instance(B) and if I want to use the B instance, do I use the
> >set instance command to set my current instance to B. Will this effect
> >the users who are currently using A. All the databases are on the server
> >
> >thanks
> >Sunit
> >

> You have to use Listener to access the DB. You have to insert A and B in
> "listener.ora" and A and B in "tnsnames.ora". When a client try to access a
> DB it must specify a SID. So it 'll connect to that DB
> Michele Viviani DBA

It will not affect the users, as these are connected remotely. It will only affect your local (on the server) session of plus, svrmgr30. I would tabke out the oracle_sid entry from the registry all to gether. In that case, you are forced to set it all the time

--
Met vriendelijke groet/kind regards,

Frank van Bortel
Technical consultant Oracle

Work:                                Home:
Inter Access V&L                     Hunzestraat 4
Palatijn 3, 7521 PN Enschede         7555 WB Hengelo
PoBox 545, 7500 AM Enschede          (31)074-2425046
053-4341500 Received on Mon Oct 18 1999 - 17:12:47 CDT